Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birthday boys.

The boys are now SIX and TWO!! My big boy is all of a sudden huge, and my baby is no longer a baby.

Isaac's birthday was on the 3rd, and we brought cupcakes to school for all of his classmates and his teacher Mrs. Lacey. Isaac and Mrs. Lacey got "deluxe" cupcakes, which made Isaac feel extra special. I wish I could have stayed and enjoyed the party with him, but younger siblings aren't allowed in the classroom during school hours. Stupid liability laws.

That evening we had cake and let him open his present, which was the "LEGO BRAND PIZZA STORE!!!" Yes, Isaac now refers to everything lego as "Lego Brand ____" because he sits on the website watching their videos, becoming an advertiser's dream. I've had to limit the amount of time he goes on the computer because he sits there salivating over Legos.

Another huge milestone, probably more for me than for him, is Auntie Mona got him a skateboard. He has been begging for a year (at least) and I've always said no because I felt he was too young. Every time he would ask for one my mind would flash to him coming inside with a broken wrist, and then say, "NO! Not till you're older!" Well, I guess this means he's older. ::sigh::

We had his birthday party on Seth's actual birthday, which was the 7th. That morning we let Seth open his big present, which was a working Buzz Lightyear with the pop out wings, buttons, "laser," and everything. He was SO excited, and was ridiculous impatient while Kevin opened it (it took at least 10 minutes):

Their birthday party was at BounceU, which is a warehouse with tons of inflatable slides, obstacles, and games. Cousins, friends from Isaac's school, and family came, and everyone had an awesome time. Once the kids cleared out of the room with the big slide, my dad and I flew down it a few times. :)

Isaac feels so big now that he is 6 years old, it's like he's matured over night. I'm so indescribably proud of them both, my heart feels like it is going to burst with pride sometimes. They are playing (and fighting) together more and more, which is fantastic. Even when they're fighting I know it's love, because that's just what brothers do. Their current stage is "whatever he is playing with, I want."

Hahaha, that just reminded me of Seth's 2 year check up at the pediatrician's office.  I'm talking to the doctor, and Seth keeps opening the door with Isaac promptly shutting it before Seth can get out. This happens about 10 times before Seth just stops, looks at Isaac, and then starts wailing on him. Fists and feet are flying, and after I break them up the doctor says, "This is going to sound strange, but I can't believe how well Seth can kick! It shows he is very advanced in his gross motor skills." Bwahahaha I love that my boys' development can be seen in the way that they fight each other.

That's all for now... duty calls in the form of, "MOM! I'm SO hungry, my tummy needs food." 

No comments:

Post a Comment