Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Everybody was KUNG FU FIGHTIIIING!!

Thanks to the movie Kung Fu Panda, Isaac's new favorite song is "Kung Fu Fighting." Not the original version, but the Jack Black version. It's pretty awesome. His new favorite saying, also courtesy of Jack Black, is "SKIDOOSH!" Kung Fu Panda is by far the boys' favorite movie, and Seth starts applauding and saying "panda" whenever I  put it on.

This is also helping with Isaac's weekly Tae Kwon Do classes. He used to protest every time he had to go but now that he sees Kung Fu Panda do it, it's suddenly cool.

We put Isaac in Tae Kwon Do originally to help break him out of his shell and build his confidence a bit. It seems to be helping, and he got a great report card home from school last week. We had a really good conference and Mrs. Lacey said he has shown a lot of growth in the past few months. Besides the Tae Kwon Do, he has been getting tutored every Monday and I have been working with him before school every day. Kindergarten standards are soooo much different than when I was in Kindergarten, it is really tough for boys to keep up. This is a great article about this subject.  I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with my two boys, because he would not be getting the extra support he needs if I was at work all day.

Their birthdays are coming up (yikes), and my baby is going to be TWO YEARS OLD. I'm freaking out a bit, and my crazy mommy hormones are trying to convince me I want another child. Yah, CRAZY. I'm probably giving Kevin mild heart attacks every time I mention it, haha.

Seth is going to be 2, but thinks he is 5. He says "WHY?" whenever we tell him no, and acts like Evil Knievel at the playground. It doesn't help that he is extremely tall for his age (go figure) and the same size as 3 year olds.

That's all for now, folks. Mommy duty calls.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment